Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday With People I Love!

Sunday I took the train into the big city. Twenty eight dollars round trip. What a deal!

Nicole took the Chinatown bus up from Philadelphia. We met in Grand Central Terminal. Worked out that we arrived there within 15 minutes of each other.

A small snafu in interpreting the bus schedule but we made our way up Third Avenue to Gobo's, an up-scale vegan restaurant, without too much delay.

Renee met us there. I felt so happy sitting across the table from my sister and my daughter. We had a great time catching up over lunch. The food was excellent. Service was pleasant. The prices - well, it's New York.

Then on to the Metropolitan Museum of Art especially to see an exhibit of vintage postcards from the collection of Walker Evans.

If you don't know, the advertised $20.00 admission is only a suggested contribution. You truly can pay whatever amount is affordable for you. No one raises an eyebrow. And who cares what they might say among themselves at coffee break!

Back home in New Haven by 8:00 pm - very tired - very happy.

This is why I moved to New Haven. To be able to spend a Sunday afternoon with people I love and - dare I say it - who love me too.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That was a beautiful day in NY. I'm glad you had the idea! And yes, we do love you, too! :)