Monday, September 1, 2008

Why Move? Why Now? Why Blog?

Why Move?
  • To be closer to most of my immediate family. I want to see them more frequently. I don't want it to require the level of planning and coordination it takes today.
  • To shake things up and see what bubbles to the surface.
Why Now?
  • Can't keep thinking about it forever. It's never going to get easier.
Why Blog?
  • There are people in my life, extended family and friends, I'll be with less frequently after the move. I want to stay connected.
  • I want to document this change in my life. It's a big deal!


3 comments:

Nicoleliza said...

I think this move is a courageous thing you're doing, Mom. And I'm glad you started this blog. Now it will be easier to keep tabs on you :) I can't wait until you move! Although I'll miss coming home to Maine, too, it will be fun to explore New Haven with you.... and New York City, and Philadelphia, and everywhere in between! :) Yay!

Anonymous said...

The answer to your question is as timeless as philosophy itself. The age of reason answered "because" and I profess an affinity to the power of science's explanation. That said, a far better answer lies in the age of subjective reality. That answer is not "why not" but "won't really know now so just do it and figure out why later"! Congrats.

drumsandcoffee said...

Hi Krista!

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'll try and check in often. Right now, I'm on my way out of work and off to a gig (I play drums with a 17-piece big band)

Congrats on the move to C-o-n-n-e-c-t-i-c-u-t.

Paul